CMB – Project Support Group
Project Support Group is a volunteer member initiative that offers an empathic and non-judgemental outlet to members of the Chinmaya Community during times of duress such as physical illness and disability, family crises and deteriorated relationships, stress related to aging, loss, and isolation. It stems from an awareness that at times of unexpected and life-altering situations we may feel helpless or unsupported and turn to our spiritual family.
The goal of the Project is to guide members to access appropriate resources and services in order to move toward care and recovery.
This is NOT an emergency service but certainly can provide critical non-urgent guidance.
This is NOT a solution to any problem but can provide helpful direction and resources.
In line with the Mission’s beliefs of Unity with individual self-advancement, the Hardship Support Project holds as its ideal that through the connectivity of its community, without perceived barriers of any stigma and no bias of culture, its members will overcome obstacles and function at their strongest level
. We will review the model and utilization of the project with your feedback in time.
Volunteers will be present at the Mission on a rotational schedule on Wednesday evenings from 5:30-6:30 pm.
- Dr. Shashikala Dwarkanath
- Chand Bhan
- Rekha Bhan
- Ajita Bhat
- Atul Bhat
- Benita Handa
- Sharda Kaul
- Laxmi Ramesh
- Abha Singhal
- Harohalli Vijaykumar
- Indian Circle for Caring USA Inc — Girish Mehta Founder /Executive Director
- In cases of emergency, acute crises involving safety or dangerousness, please call 911 or proceed to the closest local emergency room.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1-800-273-TALK (8255), confidential help 24 hours daily
- Lifeline’s website at National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255, press 1
- Crisis Text Line: text CONNECT to 741-741
- National Institute of Mental Healthm Help for Mental Illnesses
- National Alliance on Mental Illness, 1-800-950-NAMI
- Mental Health America
- Samaritans USA
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance, (DBSA) 617-855-2795
- McLean Hospital, Belmont
- Support Group Wed 7-9pm
- Drop in groups M,Th,F,Sa 1:30-3:30
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), Mental Health
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Behavioral Health Treatment Facility Locator 1-800-662- HELP (4357)
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Center for Women’s Health (perinatal and reproductive psychiatry resource), 617-726-2000
- Disaster Distress Helpline 1-800-985-5990
- Coalition for a Better Acre – Foreclosure Assistance
- Senior and Transportation Services:
- Minuteman Senior Services 781-272-7177
- Mystic Valley Senior Services 781-324-7705
- NorthShore Senior Services 978-750-4540
- Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley 978-683-7747
- Mass Elderline 800-243-4636
- MBTA The Ride 617-222-5123
- Roadrunner (Lowell) 978-459-0152
- Lexpress (Lexington) 781-862-0500 x241
- American Cancer Society Volunteer Drivers 617- 556-7400